Friday, May 18, 2012

Vent Sesh..

     As you all probably noticed, I need a Vent Session. As most of you know, my little brother Skyler is coming home soon from his mission in Brazil. How soon you ask?? He will be home August 29th-ish!! I know, very exciting!
  
      However, since he is coming home so soon, my parents have been working on getting him scholarships and accepted for school. Skyler didn't go to school after he graduated high school, instead he just worked and saved money, so he wants to go when he gets back. Anyway, he has been sort of adamant about going to BYU-I in the fall.... 12 days after he gets home..........  I don't think I can put enough periods after the end of that sentence. I am pretty sure its only because of the girl he has been writing his whole mission. He also wants to get right into learning so he can feel like he is progressing. Which makes sense... 



     But as his older sister, and his longest best friend, I don't like this at all... I know its probably selfish of me to want him here longer, but I was really looking forward to introducing him to Sven. My brother has never met Sven, and I already know they will get along really well. But Skyler will be going to school 12 days after he gets home. This fact really frustrates me, to the point of tears.  I'm pretty sure I cried the whole entire day when he left on his mission, this picture is proof: 


     You can see I was upset that day right?! Obviously I want to spend more than 12 DAYS with my newly returned brother, wouldn't you think? I want to show him new movies and music, I want him to hang out with my husband that he's never met. I want to talk to him about his experiences and talk to the new Skyler, because he has changed so much. I don't want him to go up to BYU Idaho!! Thats 5 hours away from here, not even close enough to visit all the time!! I already know he will get teased a lot for going to BYU, you see, my family roots for this team:

 
     This was taken about a year or so before Skyler left. My dad went to University of Utah, and my two brothers took up being big U of U fans, and they kinda dragged the rest of the family along. We are the only family on my dad's side that likes the Utes, so we get a lot of crap for it. I'm sure Skyler will get quite a bit of it.... I always teased him that because he liked U of U so much, he would totally end up going to BYU. I honestly did not think he would do it!  



     I feel like I'm being selfish, but its a feeling I can't get over, I really wish he would take a semester off and hang out with his family, who loves him so much, instead of coming home, eating dinner, and leaving again for who knows how long?? Its so frustrating, and I just needed to vent about this somewhere.... Thank you all for listening to my ranting. I will entertain you with some pictures now...

See?? Friends since like forever

Oh you know.. Just playing Tic-Tac-Toe under a playground.
Thanks once again for listening to my rantings... I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I can't believe its the weekend already!! 

Song of The Blog- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.... Seriously.... Best Song EVER!! I will tell you now, make sure you listen to this song in a place where you have a lot of bass. It starts out slow, so don't be deceived, its sweet! 


No comments: